- Marvel at the 741-foot high and 333-foot wide Kaieteur Falls, the largest single drop waterfall in the world
- Walk along more than 500 feet of suspension bridges that sit at over 100 feet high in the treetops at the Canopy Walkway
- Go upriver monitoring the mighty Essequibo River
- Hike to the top of Turtle Mountain and enjoy the panaormaic views of the entire rainforest!
- Go bird-watching with some of the best birding guides in the Amazon
- Spend the night in a hammock under a tarp in the jungle (for those brave enough)
- Explore the Iwokrama forest trails and enjoy the serene ecolodges in absolute tranquility
- Go searching for jaguars and caimans at night; search for monkeys and tapirs during the day
- Learn about the impacts of tourism and the promise of sustainable ecotourism in Guyana, and learn about the world-renown conservation efforts of the Iwokrama International Center for Rainforest Conservation and Development (IIC)
- Learn about the trees, animals, and ecological connections of Guyana's flora and fauna
- Experience the real contemporary culture of the Amerindian villages and in the capital of Georgetown, with some of the most authentic locals you will ever meet
- Enjoy delicious Guyanese food, a unique combination of Creole and Indian dishes such as roti, curry chicken, chana, cook-up rice, pepperpot, cheeserolls, cheeseflaps, and bake
Beautiful accommodations, airport pick-up, all in-country transportation, all meals, snacks, all park/protected area fees, all guiding fees, cultural activities, sustainability learning, participation in conservation programs, field notebooks, t-shirt, and expert trip leader
*LAST MINUTE SPECIAL*
$1949 USD per person
($2989 USD for flight included option)
We're always here to help
Day 1: Fly over dense forest before descending into the Georgetown airport. Get acquainted as we explore the famous Stabroek Market and St. George's Cathedral, the latter of which is the tallest wooden building in the world. Also experience Georgetown's vibrant nightlife if you desire.
Day 2 & 3: Hop aboard a plane to Kaieteur National Park. Look out across the 300+ foot Potaro River as it plunges nearly 750 feet over the edge in one massive, uninterrupted flow. Continue on by air to Orinduik Falls. Return to Georgetown after getting a taste of the lush Guyanese forests and get a taste of Guyanese rum shops, a unique cultural norm (for adults), or Guyanese vendor food, a delicious experience (for everyone).
Day 4, 5, & 6: Arrive at Iwokrama International Center for Conservation and Development (IIC), a combination eco-lodge and research center at the heart of the vast Iwokrama forest reserve. During our stay here we will walk along the tops of the trees, hike Turtle Mountain for unparalleled panoramic views, explore jungle trails, search for your favorite animals, go birding, and explore the mighty Essequibo River. While exploring everything the Iwokrama forest has to offer we will be constantly learning about biodiversity, ecological connections, and conservation strategies that the IIC employs. Also relax in the serene environment the rainforest provides, take a few hours or even an entire day to lounge in a hammock at the beautiful riverside lodges.
Day 7: Depart from the Iwokrama reserve and explore pristine creeks near the capital that have been untouched by development. Enjoy watching the sunset before heading back to the city for one last night of Guyanese food, rum (if adult), jokes, and stories.
Day 8: Depart Cheddi Jagan International Airport
Support local sustainable businesses, Iwokrama Forest user fee contribution, several protected area contributions, carbon sequestration project, witness research done by environmental scientists and biologists, locally-sourced food
Georgetown - Tropical View Hotel
Jungle - Iwokrama River Lodge
Three daily meals, snacks, local cuisine, vegetarian/vegan options
Small aircraft flights, local partner driver
Join this trip by putting down a deposit or by booking in full
*Please read the terms and conditions before booking and ensure you will have adequate medical insurance and a valid passport