- Hike the famous Blue Mountains and learn about protected area management
- Go upriver on a bamboo raft with crocodiles lining the shores
- Hike through tropical rainforest and arrive at beaches where less tourists frequent
- Surf the east coast with locals
- Jump from the famous Rick's Cafe after relaxing on famous 7 Mile Beach
- Waterfalls, upon waterfalls, upon waterfalls in beautiful surroundings
- Learn about the impacts of tourism and the promise of sustainable ecotourism
- Learn about the trees, animals, and ecological connections of Jamaica's flora and fauna
- Experience the real contemporary culture of the countryside and in the capital of Kingston, where the art scene is rapidly expanding and the music is as good as ever
- Enjoy jerk chicken, rice & peas, bammy bread, coco bread, festival, patties, peanut porridge, ackee and saltfish, bullas, and more
- Beautiful accommodations
- All in-country transport (including airport pickup)
- All meals (including barbeque with locals)
- Snacks and drinks
- All park/protected area fees
- All guiding fees
- Cultural activities
- Sustainability learning
- Participation in conservation programs
- Field notebooks
- Expert trip leader
We're always here to help
Day 1: Arrive Montego Bay and travel to Luminous Lagoon. Spend the night with locals in the hills of Lilliput and enjoy a nice home-cooked meal.
Day 2: Visit Dornoch River Head, Green Grotto Caves, or Island Gully Falls. See Runaway Bay, in-between Usain Bolt's childhood home and Bob Marley's birthplace.
Day 3, 4, and 5: Arrive at the foothills of the Blue Mountains and get into the lush, green mountainsides while learning about biodiversity, ecological connections, and conservation strategies. Stay at RafJams, a family owned eco-lodge just outside of Kingston, with stunning nature surrounding the property.. Visit Scatter Falls, Fox Caves, Blue Lagoon, and Reach Falls. Hike through the forest and spend some time on the less crowded east coast beaches, and surf if the waves permit.
Day 6: Travel to Kingston, the capital, and immerse in the center of Jamaican culture. Visit street art projects and learn about the connections between art, music, and the environment. Enjoy some of the best views and food Jamaica has to offer.
Day 7: Drive the long stretch between Kingston and St. Elizabeth Parish. Visit Breadnut Valley falls, one of the most spectacular and less known places on the island, and take a raft ride down the Black River with crocodiles never far out of sight.
Day 8: Spend the last full day relaxing on the famous 7 Mile Beach in Negril after a week of rainforest exploration. Finish off the trip with a visit to the equally famous Rick's Cafe and see if you have the courage to jump from the cafe into the sea - 11 meters below!
Day 9: Depart from Montego Bay
Support local sustainable businesses, ecotourism user fee contribution, protected area contributions, locally-sourced food
Montego Bay/Lilliput - Richard's home
Kingston - The Gardens Liguanea
St. Elizabeth - Rafjams
Three daily meals
Ricktours (JUTA-certified local partner driver)
Join this trip by putting down a deposit or by booking in full
*Please read the terms and conditions before booking and ensure you will have adequate medical insurance and a valid passport